What is Lemonade for Love?
Lemonade for Love is a home-spun lemonade stand with a super sweet twist. The lemonade stand is a child-driven, parent-supported event. The organizers are children and youth that live in the Etobicoke community.
Our goal is to build a sense of community and to encourage kids to help other kids. Money raised at our event is directed to organizations that support children, and their families, who are facing extraordinary circumstances.
We are all about #kidshelpingkids.
It is being run by kids?
You betcha! Lemonade for Love is a learning opportunity for children. The kids can learn how to plan, communicate, and implement their ideas. They have an opportunity to make decisions, prioritize, and enjoy the act of brainstorming fun and creative ideas!
- Write blog posts about the event.
- Create invitations to the lemonade stand and deliver them to their neighbours.
- Work behind the scenes in prepping the lemonade and setting up the site.
- Picking up the garbage at the park.
- Working the raffle table.
- Presenting to their classmates and team mates on the merits of supporting the stand.
- Serving customers.
- Those 12+ chip in by leading on-site activities and helping with social media.
No matter what the role, they can take pride knowing that they are working as a community to help other kids.